Bang Bang Chicken

One way bang bang some chicken:

Ingredients:

1- 1 1/2 pounds chicken
1 cup flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup panko
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 egg
dash hot sauce
1 cup buttermilk

Method:

mix together the flour, cornstarch, egg, hot sauce and buttermilk
dip the chicken in that mixture
then dredge in panko

throw that oil in the pan
fry the chicken

completely excellent with a dipping sauce like a spicy mayo ;

1/4 cup mayo
coupla' tsps sriracha  
tsp honey
coupla' tsps hot sauce


I'm making this for dinner tonight with brown rice and a vegetable medley steam bag I got from Aldi's for .99 cents. While I mention it, let me just say that Aldi's is the greatest place on the planet.  Not only are their products reasonably priced, but I delight in finding new and strange German products.

I didn't have any buttermilk.  Instead, I substituted a cup of milk with 1 tsp of white vinegar.  Mix the vinegar to the milk and let stand 5 minutes. It worked totally fine, albeit gross sounding.
My husband absolutely loved this chicken and the sauce with it. Clean plate club!


Comments

Popular Posts